Your Privacy Rights
For more information on how NeighborDeals works, see NeighborDeals FAQs.
Scope and Consent
The NeighborDeals website is a general audience website, and it and its related sites, applications, services, and tools are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. This information is associated to your account only when you sign in as a registered user. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services and tools, and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
- Information you give us: We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to information you provide us when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers; additional information you may provide to us via social media sites or services; transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account); shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item; information provided in the context of Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us; additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list).
- Mobile: When you download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device's setting's menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
- Information from other sources: We may receive or collect supplemental information about you from third party sources and add it to our account information. This may include, but is not limited to, demographic, navigation information, additional contact information, credit check information, and additional information about you from credit bureaus or other sources, as permitted by law.
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
We offer sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to access the NeighborDeals site or related sites. We also offer services that allow you to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
Use of Personal Information
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from NeighborDeals about your buying and selling activities from the Communication Preference section within My NeighborDeals. This is the place where you can control your member-to-member communication preferences, choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive and the methods by which we may contact you, etc.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, site operations, and co-branded credit cards).
- Other NeighborDeals users, whether located in your country of residence or outside of your country of residence, as authorized by you or your use of our sites, services, applications or tools. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and request and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other NeighborDeals user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Credit bureaus with which we may report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
- Certain third parties under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the Community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on NeighborDeals
Your NickName is displayed throughout NeighborDeals (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your NeighborDeals activity. Other people may see your bids, purchases, items for sale, storefronts, Feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other Community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your NeighborDeals activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity, or reminders from NeighborDeals, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from NeighborDeals
NeighborDeals enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for: NeighborDeals transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages; using services offered through NeighborDeals (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints), or other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
When you access our websites, or use our applications and/or services and tools, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. We use these data files, commonly known as "Cookies," to help us identify you as a user, customize our services, content and advertising, to measure promotional effectiveness, and to promote trust and safety.
- We use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire
- You are always free to decline Cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our websites, applications, and/or services and tools. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling Cookies.
- We encode and protect our Cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- You may encounter Cookies from third parties, known as service providers, which we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services.
- You also may encounter Cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page).
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your NeighborDeals communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other NeighborDeals users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
To report NeighborDeals-related spam or spoof emails to NeighborDeals, please forward the email to help@NeighborDeals.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our Community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your NeighborDeals password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify NeighborDeals and change your password.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to NeighborDeals. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our NeighborDeals User Agreement and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
How We Protect and Store Your Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: NeighborDeals Inc. c/o NeighborDeals Services, 3857 Birch Street, #606, Newport Beach, CA 92660.